Where Bloggers Live 10.2026: Simple Fall Pleasures
Hello, 🎃pumpkin🎃 pie!! As this is the second Friday of the month, it is time for another installment of Where Bloggers Live. And our prompt for today's post is simple fall pleasures I live for. Do you have a list of favorite fall pleasures? Or maybe you live in the southern hemisphere and are waltzing into spring. What do you love most about that season?
🎃PUMPKIN🎃 is my reflex response. Pumpkin-y flavor sprinkled with cinnamon and cloves, the warm, earthy pumpkin fragrances, the burnt orange pumpkin color. What's not to love about 🎃PUMPKIN🎃.
But there's more to autumn than a big orange gourd, right?
Simple Fall Pleasures
- fall colors in nature: gimme all the olive, burgundy, milk chocolate brown, warm gold and pumpkin, of course
- fall 2026 color trends: I think these have to be all of my favorite colors. Wonder if that means my personal color analysis would be an autumn? For an Ageless Style link up several years ago, we were asked to style jewel tones. I think these season's color palette is made up of many of the same rich shades. I feel warm and cozy just looking at them.
- fall fashion: not sure how 'fashionable' my fall clothes are but they are among my favorites. My jackets, my cardigans and pullover sweaters. Big, comfy sweatshirts. Boots!! Skirts with tights. Scarves...so glad they are on trend again.
- hearty soups and chilis: we eat quite a bit of soup over here, sometimes even on hot El Paso summer days. But fall (and I guess winter) is really soup and chili season in my book. I could truly eat a Panera bread bowl filled to the brim with their autumn harvest soup every day. I have a whole Pinterest board devoted to soup, chili and stew recipes. This week I bought ingredients for chicken-gnocchi soup, Italian wedding soup and maple-bourbon chili. Won't make them all in a week's time but will be making them all very soon. Soup is like an edible hug for your insides.
- breaking out my crockpot for all the recipes above: I use my crockpot more during autumn than any other time of year. So nice to throw ingredients into it in the morning and have a hearty meal ready at dinner time. Gotta love some Mexican (and American) hot chocolate in the crockpot, too.
- cool evening temperatures promote great sleeping: we are still pretty toasty over here in the late afternoon with highs in the upper 80s. But by the time we crawl into bed, it has cooled off significantly. And by early morning, our room is quite chilly. I love pulling up the covers and falling back to sleep for just a little longer.
- 'fresh' early mornings: in El Paso the folks use the word 'fresh' to describe a crispness in the air. Fall mornings are fresh. Perfect for sitting on the patio with breakfast and my devotional.
- fantasy football: for at least a half dozen years now, I have served as the commissioner for our Friends and Family Feud Yahoo fantasy football league. My team is the Pale Pink Porkbellies. It makes watching football much more interactive and fun.
- walks and hikes and bike rides: PC is recovering from hip replacement surgery this fall so we may be limited on the number and types of hikes we take. But this is the best season for mountain hikes, and neighborhood walks and bike rides. May be doing more fishing at Ascarate Lake this fall.
- fall holidays: Halloween, dia de los muertos and Thanksgiving are my favorite holidays. They all revolve around family fun. Being together with loved ones. Remembering loved ones who can't be with us. And being thankful for our many blessings. I have fall peppered about on every flat surface in our house.
- fires in the fireplace: is there anything cozier?
- soaks in the hot tub: the stars seem brighter and clearer when we soak in the hot tub in the fall. One of my fall bucket list activities is sitting in the hot tub, sharing a bottle of local wine, eating from a homemade charcuterie board and enjoying a fire in our (new) fire pit. Now to make that happen.
- fall-related crafts: oh, my friends, can one ever have too many pumpkin paintings, crafts, decorations, wreaths?? I mean, really?? Here are some of my recent favorite projects from this season (so far) and last. I find it very relaxing creating things for my home. How many times can I say "hello, fall" before it gets redundant?
Where Bloggers Live
This long-lived
blogging series was created by our fearless leader and friend, Bettye at Fashion Schlub.
Bettye explains that “Where Bloggers Live” started out kind of like HGTV’s
“Celebrities at Home,” but…with bloggers! Through each bloggers' interpretation
of each monthly prompt, we have shared our work-spaces, homes, towns, and
thoughts. I kind of invited myself into the group a few years ago and have
enjoyed every month's prompt and post.
And here are
the Where Bloggers Live bloggers. Hope you will stop by to check out
their interpretation of today's post.
Daenel at Living
Outside the Stacks
Bettye at Fashion Schlub
Jodie at Jodie’s
Touch of Style
Em at Dust
and Doghair
Yours truly
Sally at Within a World of
My Own
Your Turn
11.2026: My Favorite Style Era (home, fashion, whatever)
12.2026: Wrap-up/Monthly Best-of...
I have no idea what my favorite style era is so I need to start thinking on that prompt ASAP.
.jpg)




















Fall was hands down my favorite season when I lived in Austin, where the summer feels endless, so I can understand how this season is your groove! Even here in Minnesota, I am definitely loving the crisp mornings and cool evenings we are having now; it makes the after-dinner walk much nicer, and I'm willing to trade that off against the shorter days.
ReplyDelete