Skip to main content

Featured

Hodgepodge X2 and Wednesday Quotes: Elegance

  Happy Hump Day, friends!!  This has been a loooong week.  And we are only mid-way through.  But hey, it is the last day of September and we are looking October right between the eyes.  Overall, time is flying.   This week has just felt long and slow because we have been twiddling our thumbs waiting for the Hurricane Polo spinoff storm to hit , and waiting to see PC's doctor on Thursday so we know how he is progressing, and getting our bedrooms ready for carpet installation.   Today I am joining 2 blogging friends for their Wednesday series.  Joining Joyce for another round (or in my case, 2 rounds) of Hodgepodge.  And joining Kym for an edition of Wednesday Quotes.   Hodgepodge Volume 672 1.  Fall arrives this week in the northern hemisphere. Does it look/feel like fall where you live?  What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel its officially fall?   Last week I would have s...

A Day in the Life of ME: Global Writing Challenge 08.2026


Hi, my friends.  Thank you for stopping by today for this month's Global Writing Challenge post - A Day in the Life.  I suggested this month's prompt after reading and enjoying a couple of these posts when Joyce at From This Side of the Pond had her June day in the life link up.  Does enjoying a peek into the lives of others make me a busy body?  Or just an inquiring mind?

Mondays are my favorite days of the week so I decided to share my Monday, 08.10.2026.  Which was just yesterday as I am writing this on Tuesday, 08.11.2026.  

Here's how a pretty typical summer day in my life looks.

A Day in My Life 08.10.2026

I was so afraid I would forget to take pictures that I put about 2 dozen hourly reminders on my phone - Day in the Life, Day in the Life.  And it worked, because I managed to get photos of just about everything I did...within reason!!

6:01 am:  

Google woke me up.  I said a quick prayer before stepping out of bed.  Opened our bedroom door to let our kitties, Purrcy and Purrsnickitty, into our room and then immediately out on the balcony where they like to start their day.


I was scheduled to have a pre-op appointment for my upcoming endoscopy at 9:00 am.  Didn't want to eat anything in case I was supposed to be fasting for the labs.  Paul had asked me to go with him fishing at the lake before my appointment so that was the plan. We both jumped in the shower (separately) - no pictures!!  I chose to wear joggers with a new graphic tee with an image similar to Van Gogh's "Starry Night" that reads 'Let it Gogh.' Put on minimum make up and didn't bother to dry my hair.  I am kinda casual that way.



Monday is laundry day, so before heading out, we stripped the bed and gathered the clothes and towels.  PC got the process started while I took a picture.



I  fed the kitties. 


PC started the dishwasher.




I sorted the laundry and started the washer.



Fixed a bottle of water with my daily dose of ClearLax mixed in.


6:33 am:  

out the door for the lake.  This is the view on Highway 54 alongside the Franklin Mountains, about 3 miles from our house.



7:16 am:  

Paul was on the dock fishing. I sat at a picnic table nearby to do my quiet time and enjoy the tranquility of the early morning.




One of the Bible verses in the day's devotional was Psalm 46:1.  It was reassuring.  Lately, so many folks I know are struggling with heavy, heavy problems.  




Made my weekly to-do list.  I use this very unfancy Five Second Journal for my lists and planning.  Lucia makes stickers (always on a kitty theme) for me to use to decorate my agenda pages.



8:00 am:  

we decided to walk around the lake before going to my pre-op appointment.  Every so often, PC would pause to cast his line in the lake.


I always look forward to taking photos at the lake.  





a mural in the memory of the 23 people killed in the Walmart shooting, 08.2019

8:49 am:  

on the way across town to the surgical center for my appointment.  PC chauffuering.  

9:27 am:  

sitting in the waiting room at University Medical Center surgical hospital


Day 637 learning Spanish on Duolingo


Turned out I didn't have to have labs, or a chest X-ray or EKG or anything.  Not sure why this was called a pre-op appointment.  I just signed some papers and we were on our way to iHop for breakfast.

10:00 am:  

PC had an omelet and I had the $6 breakfast faves meal with 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pancakes and 2 pieces of turkey bacon.  Delicious but the restaurant was freezing!! 


I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture of our breakfast before we inhaled it.

11:05:  

back home.  Moved the clothes in the washer to the dryer, started a second load in the washing machine.  



Checked our banking, emails, Facebook, etc. and caught my breath a minute.

12:44 pm:  

went upstairs to make our bed with clean sheets.  Watched the Lindsay Clancy trial on YouTube while I did.


Ta-da.


Back downstairs to unload the dishwasher.



And to start supper.  I made cheeseburger bowls, an All Recipes recipe.  Have pinned the recipe here.  I really struggle trying to get vegetables into my Prince Charming.  He says he ate so many as a child - and often little else - that he is all vegetabled out.  This recipe is certainly not healthy but a smidgen better than a cheeseburger, maybe, as it lacks the bun.  I encouraged Paul to pile on the lettuce and we are just beginning to eat tomatoes when they are finely enough diced.  



Time to switch the laundry again.  


I am really not standing on my head in the picture above.  Not sure why I thought that was a good angle.  Managed to cut off my double chin, though.

PC suggested we take a nap.  We were both pretty tired and didn't sleep particularly well the night before.  He further suggested we nap in the downstairs guest room where it would be cooler.  



We got all situated, with the kitties at the foot of the bed and had just drifted off when my phone rang.  I was sure I had turned off the ringer.  But, oh, well.  It was Brennyn.  She was having a tough day at work.  We talked just a few minutes while she was on her way to the hospital cafeteria to get lunch.  Then my friend Susie texted from the ICU where she has been admitted for days with mysterious health problems that have her requiring transfusions every week or so.   I gave up on my nap.

2:35 pm:

my sister and I rebounded together.  We are using workouts by Nikki at Earth and Owl on YouTube.  It is a great form of FUN exercise.  We were both huffing and puffing after one of her 60-70s 20 minute low impact workouts.


Once we cooled off, we met up in our own craft rooms to scrapbook together over Facetime.  Actually, we don't use Facetime at all.  We use WhatsApp.  Valerie lives in Tennessee so we only get to see each other once or twice a year.  But these exercise and scrapbooking sessions make such a difference.


We are scrapbooking our trip to Creede, Colorado last summer with our brother and all the spouses to sprinkle our parents' ashes.

5:20 pm:

The kitties seem to have an internal dinner bell that rings around 5:00 pm.  They expect dinner to be served shortly after.  


Then PC and I put on our bathing suits to cool off in the pool.  I swam 15 minutes of laps which is not a lot, I know.  We floated on mattresses and listened to 80s rock music on our patio TV.  Most afternoons, we would watch the Cincinnati Reds play baseball from our floats but they had Monday afternoon off.

6:30 pm:

Our internal dinner bells were ringing.  I finished up dinner.  I give you cheeseburger bowls.


Cleaned up the kitchen. I lay down on the den area rug to stretch my neck on this device Brennyn gave me.  Purrcy helped.  



Did some blog writing, started a Cincinnati Reds-themed jigsaw puzzle.  


8:06 pm: 

time for dessert.  Made these bedazzled ice cream sandwiches with the El Paso grands last weekend and we had them all over the backyard.  I am sure the ants loved us!!  Tonight I put them in bowls which was a little better.


We watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie."  Have you watched it?  So good.  Of course, I read the books as a little girl and watched the original series with Michael Landon in high school.  Have purchased the picture book version of the Ingalls' classics for my grands.  And now we are enjoying this 2026 series on Netflix.



Multitasking.  Editing photos for this month's The World Through My Lens post. 

9:36 pm:

sleepy.  Up to bed.  Each night, we take an assortment of gummies: fruits, veggies, magnesium, apple cider vinegar and a vitamin C pill.  We call them our bedtime snack.  I serve them up in caps from old vitamin bottles.


my cap is missing the white vitamin C, I ate it already

Wash my face and brush my teeth.


Wearing my mom's nightgown.  It feels like sleeping in a hug.



Have "Westerly" by Susan Donovan Bernhard uploaded or downloaded, however that works, onto my Kindle.  I complete an entry in my gratitude journal, read a few minutes and then it off to sleep.


This gratitude journal has a page for each month where you adhere a sticker onto a graphic image for each day of the month.  Makes me more accountable for writing my 'thankfuls'.

And that, my friends, was a day in MY life.  Riveting stuff!!  But I LOVE my life.  I like being home as much as possible but get out enough every week to - as my mother would say - blow the stink off!!  

Thank you for spending the day with me.  I appreciate your company.

Your Turn

Do your days look somewhat similar, one from the next?  We have had so many appointments lately that my days are all mixed up.  Will be glad to get these appointments behind us and to return to something of a regular routine.  

Please join me in visiting the day in the lives of my Global Writing Challenge friends.  

Marsha writes about a day when she’s going to the museum.  You probably won’t be surprised at what goes on! Please find Marsha’s post here, https://marshainthemiddle.com.

Suzy writes about the little moments that make up her everyday life, from puppy chaos and yoga to coffee, creativity and cosy evenings at home.  Read more at www.suzyturner.com.

Sally discusses how the rhythms of her daily life have changed 1 year on from leaving her job.  You can visit her at https://www.withinaworldofmyown.com.

For this prompt Cat says that Gundel is talking about Cat and her days.  She blogs at https://catswire.blogspot.com/.

Amy from Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa shares her still fairly new routine as a stay at home dog mom/retired high school Spanish teacher living in Louisville, Kentucky. Amy writes at https://coffeeandcocktailsatthecasa.com/.  

And Deb at https://debs-world.com/ is back from her elaborate world travels!! She will be sharing a long day of travel. It might have been longer than 24 hours, but who's counting? 

Come play along with us!!  Show us a day in YOUR life and link your post up below.  Or in a comment, share a timeline for a typical day in your life.  Inquiring minds want to know. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Off to scrapbook and then I have a drop in visit for 5 kitties.  Leftovers for dinner and need to finish another blog post for Friday.  

Hope your week end's on a positive note.

Hugs and kisses,

Comments

  1. My friend, your day was so full! I even said that it would be in my post! I really need to email you as we haven't "talked" in a bit! You are so good at getting things done on a schedule. Would you believe I have yet to develop a schedule since retiring? That was 13 years ago! I guess I don't really need one, but I feel like I do. What is that that you're on when you're exercising with your sister? It looks like fun. I read that HIITS are good for those of us who are a certain age! Thanks for the prompt. It was a fun one!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your comment about my day in your post for this month. Ha!! You made me laugh. I really do better at life when I try to keep a schedule. You do so much more blogging than I do. I just have lost interest in all of that. It made me feel like I was on a hamster wheel. But you manage it all so well. Please do email me for a catch up session!!

      Delete
  2. I have not done a Day in the Life in a long time – you all are making me want to see what I do do with all of my time ;) I loved reading about your day and what keeps you busy and where you get inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by. This was a fun prompt for me. I just had to keep reminding myself to stop and take pictures of what I was up to!!

      Delete
  3. I don't have a routine or a schedule and I think that I need a nap now reading about your full day! ;-)
    Thank you for sharing your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lot for one day! I mostly just sit in an office, but now I have my new bestie Claude (AI) to keep me company. I had a cheeseburger bowl in a restaurant a few months ago, and it was surprisingly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Day In The Life Posts. I think they're great people connectors, everyone in their own homes, but with similar rhythms and routines. There is something comforting about that. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these posts are great people connectors. It is fun to see how many ways our lives connect or are similar. And the differences can be even more interesting!!

      Delete
  6. A day full of variety! Love the kitties "cat" bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't know where the hours in the day go. Lately I have been doing PT and that just gets my day off to a mixed up start.

      Delete
  7. You had a really full day. Loved seeing your lake photos - the little coots are so adorable! Somehow I didn't know or had forgotten that you are a Reds fan - not what I expect from a girl in El Paso. Your contraption for rebounding looks fun - I have seen mini trampolines but not one with the bar, which I think I would need so I don't just fall off the side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading A day in the life posts. They are so interesting to me. Good job with all the photos! The fishing sounds like a great way to start the day. I am glad the pre-op appointment was straightforward. I have been watching the Lindsay Clancy trial but I am a couple of days behind. How great to work out with your sister and scrapbook over facetime. That is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My sister and I have grown much closer over our Facetime scrapbook sessions. She is in Ireland on vacation and I miss her so much!!

      Delete
  9. I love reading these posts Leslie and you always make me smile with all your activities with PC. I hope all the appointments are OK and you can leave them behind you now. Your Monday sure sounded full and varied, well done, a great prompt for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie, this is such a lovely post! And such a lovely prompt too. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your day and seeing all those fun photos you took (the reminders on your phone made me laugh!). I forgot to include my gratitude moments and meditation in my post! But I usually have a moment in the morning before I get out of bed, and at night before sleep, to remember all the things I am grateful for.
    One of the most beautiful parts of your post is when you said you love your life...I wish more people would say that! I love my life too!! YAY!!
    Huge hugs, my friend
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment. Thank you for all the kind words. I think we are similar in a number of ways. Would love to have an opportunity to meet you in real life. We are very fortunate to have lives we love but I would also venture we have worked to create lives we love. Big hugs to you, my dear friend.

      Delete
  11. Such a full day! I love that you and your sister exercise and craft together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love my days - most of them. And love love love being home to craft and visit with my sissy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts